Thomas Butlin and Co
of Irthlingborough Ironworks, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. Telephone: Wellingborough 3. Telegraphic Address: "Butlin, Wellingborough"
1852 Company established.
1867 Thomas Butlin's blast furnaces at Wellingborough (but in Irthlingborough parish) were put into blast in 1867.
Butlin’s operations are shrouded in the mists of the past, but the areas worked by him seem to have been immediately south of the Kettering-Huntingdon railway, west of ‘Black Bridge’ on Cranford Road and another quarry to the east of Cranford Road, beyond Windmill Cottages.
These quarries were being worked in the 1880s.
From 1883 to around 1891, Butlin was working south of the railway, just off Polwell Lane, towards Barton Seagrave. Methods of working by Butlin are unknown, but probably tramways were used to connect the quarries with the Kettering-Huntingdon railway.
1914 Pig iron smelters and iron founders. Specialities: high-class pig iron, both foundry and forge, known as the "Butlin" brand; cast iron work of every description. Employees 170 to 180. 
1920s Acquired by United Steel Companies
1937 British Industries Fair Advert as part of The United Steel Companies. Civil Engineering Castings and Pre-cast Concrete Products. (Engineering/Metals/Quarry, Roads and Mining/Transport Section - Stand No. A.601) 
1947 The foundry of Thomas Butlin and Sons at Wellingborough, was acquired by Morris to supplement supplies of castings from the foundry at Morris Motors Ltd Engines Branch, Coventry.