Thomas Charles Brooke (1830-98) was a British mineral water manufacturer who worked for Brooke and Co., founded the company T. Brooke and Co and co-founded Brooke and Prudencio Ltd.
- 1830 Born in Bath, son of Charles Brooke, druggist and mineral water manufacturer, and Mary Ann Clarke.
- 1851 Lived and worked at 44 Walcott Street, Bath, as an Assistant in his father’s business Brooke and Co.
- 1851 Married Mary Ann Leigh from Winford, Somerset, at St Thomas a Becket church, Pucklechurch, Gloucestershire, then moved to Bristol.
- 1861 Lived at 44 Merchant Street, Bristol, from where he ran his newly founded soda water company T. Brooke and Co.
- 1870 Home and mineral water factory at Captain Carey’s Lane, Old Market, Bristol.
- 1871 Employed ten men and eleven boys.
- 1881 Lived at Spring Villa, 6 Sydenham Road, Stokes Croft, Bristol.
- 1889 Inherited Brooke and Co., of 20 Grove Street, Bath, from his father.
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1851 census
- ↑ 1861 census
- ↑ 1871 census
- ↑ 1881 census