Thomas Gameson and Sons
of Britannia Foundry, Lower Rushall Street, Walsall. (castings)
of Premier Works, Dudley Street, Walsall. (tinning works)
1818 Business established in Walsall, tinning belt buckles for the Napoleonic wars
The business expanded with the growth in the Walsall saddlery trade. In those days buckles were given a thin protective coating by beating tin onto the surface, this was called tin plating.
Later hot dip tinning was brought into use.
By the 20th Century the firm was electro-plating and also had a malleable iron foundry, tinning hollowware and all sorts of components for the fledgling car industry, the buckle trade and tin tacks. Also tinning Cadbury’s milk churns.
1900 Incorporated as a limited company.
1914 Malleable ironfounders and tinners. 
Post-WWII Factory rebuilt and modernised for a better work flow. Also hot dip galvanising, and nickel, zinc and cadmium plating.
1970 Moved to its current premises in Cannock in preparation for a new inner ring road in Walsall.
2020 The business continues to be owned and managed by the family.
Sources of Information
-  Company website