of 79 Vyse Street, Birmingham, 18. Telephone: Northern 1500. Cables: "Mottoes, Birmingham". (1929 and 1947)
- Thomas L. Mott jewellery dates from 1875.
- He instigated the fashion for butterfly wing jewellery after exhibiting at the British Empire Exhibition of 1924.
- His company was the largest producer of butterfly wing jewellery in the 1920s and 1930s.
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Butterfly Wing Specialities - Brooches, Compacts, Clocks, Pictures, Rings, Toilet Sets; also pictures of Local Views and Souvenirs made with butterfly wings. Also Manufacturers of the popular Black Opaline Jewellery. (Stand Nos. J.65 and J.93) 
- 1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Butterfly Wing Jewellery and Butterfly Wing Picture Ware. Fashion Jewellery in Brooches, Necklets, Bracelets, Clip Ear Rings. Novelty Bracelet-Charms. Souvenirs. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. E.1732) 
Sources of Information
-  Heritage Jewellery
-  Ladies Compacts Website