Thorpe Power Station
By the mid-1920s the Duke Street power station site in Norwich had reached limit for further expansion. Norwich Corporation decided to build a new power station at Thorpe on the southern outskirts of the city.
1926 The new power station was opened. Initially it consisted of a low-pressure (LP) coal-fired station with chain-grate boilers. The station had a rated output capacity of 40MW.
1937 A high-pressure (HP) power station was constructed adjacent to the LP station. It had a single 31 MW turbo-alternator.
By 1961 the LP station was rated at 42.5 MW (three 5 MW, one 12.5 MW, and one 15 MW British Thomson-Houston turbo-alternators) and the HP station at 31 MW.
1964 A fast-response oil-fired gas turbine plant was erected to the west of the HP/LP steam station, consisting of 4 gas turbine-alternators rated at 55 MW each.
1967 The LP station was decommissioned
1975 The HP station was decommissioned
1986 The gas turbines were decommissioned.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia