Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,159 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Also referred to as Tir John North Power Station
After some searching for a site for a new power station, the Tir John site in Swansea docks was selected. It was relatively cheap, allowed ample room for extensions, had abundant supplies of cooling water, and had immediate access to sea, road, and rail.
1931 Erection of the initial section of 60,000 kW. began.
Engineers were Braithwaite and Co Engineers Ltd of Horseferry Road, London
Provision was made for a further 60,000 kW. set in the same building.
1967 Converted to oil burning.