Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,052 pages of information and 231,597 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Treforest Power Station

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
March 7th 1914. Souvenir of Inauguration of Bulk Electric Supply from the Treforest Power Station (front cover).
March 7th 1914. Souvenir of Inauguration of Bulk Electric Supply from the Treforest Power Station.
March 7th 1914. Souvenir of Inauguration of Bulk Electric Supply from the Treforest Power Station.
March 7th 1914. Souvenir of Inauguration of Bulk Electric Supply from the Treforest Power Station.
March 7th 1914. Souvenir of Inauguration of Bulk Electric Supply from the Treforest Power Station.
1927.
1927.
1927.

Part of The South Wales Electrical Distribution Co.

1904 Put into operation on April 30th 1904, on the River Taff, near Treforest. Fourteen Niclausse boilers supplied steam to three Willans and Robinson engines driving 1500 kW generators.

1908 British Westinghouse 3 MW turbine-alternator installed.

1911 Willans-Dick, Kerr and Co 3 MW TA installed.

1914 Willans-Dick, Kerr and Co 5 MW TA installed.

1920 C. A. Parsons and Co 18.75 MW TA ordered

1927 Description of extensions to power station. Additional plant included a 16 MW English Electric Co TA and two 1 MW auxiliary TAs by W. H. Allen, Sons and Co. Coal handling equipment was by Fraser and Chalmers.[1]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. [1] The Engineer 6 May 1927