Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,988 pages of information and 232,840 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The university has four campuses: Streatham and St Luke's (both of which are in Exeter); and Truro and Penryn (both of which are in Cornwall).
Formed from St Luke's College (1838), Exeter School of Science (1855), Exeter School of Art (1863), and the Camborne School of Mines (1888)
See also -
1893 Became the Exeter Technical and University Extension College
1900 Became the Royal Albert Memorial College and the college moved to Bradninch Place in Gandy Street.
1922 Became the University College of the South West of England after the college was incorporated under the Companies Act
1922 Alderman W. H. Reed, a former mayor of Exeter, donated Streatham Hall on the Streatham Estate to the new University College in 1922. Streatham Hall was renamed to Reed Hall after its benefactor. At the same time, the first principal of the University College, later Sir Hector Hetherington (1920–24), persuaded the Council of the College to buy a major portion of the Streatham Estate. A slow move to the Streatham Estate from the centre of the city occurred over time
1955 Became the University of Exeter and received the Royal Charter.
1978 St Luke's College Exeter was incorporated into the University.
1993 Camborne School of Mines was incorporated into the University.