Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,406 pages of information and 233,863 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1653 - Forge built.
1734 - Acquired by Joshua Gee.
1750 - Acquired by Francis Dorset.
1790 – operated by Wheeler & Company. There were 3 finery forges and a chafery.
1797 - leased by William Hallen.
1800 - leased by William Hazeldine and William Hallen, who developed it into a significant operation for the supply of wrought iron. The most famous orders were the chains for the Menai and Conwy Bridges. The works extended over about 2 miles of the valley. There were two separate forge sites, as well as a complex system of leats and pools originating north of Duncot in a weir across the Tern.
1840 – William Hazledine died and the works closed.