Varley and Gulliver
1937 Company founded
The company was started shortly after the First World War, with the main business based around the fabrication of sheet metal parts for the motorcycle industry, a growth area at that time. From that grew a quality engineering business that adapted to a rapidly changing world and strove to keep abreast of developing technology.
Over the years Varley and Gulliver has served a varied range of industries.
WWII After becoming involved in the manufacture of defence products during the second world war, they expanded into the machine tool industry and from there into the fabrication of architectural products.
By the 1970s they were already highly experienced in the fabrication of highway-related safety barriers and were winning contracts internationally.
2000 Acquired the intellectual property of BACO Contracts Highway Products.
2004 Acquired the assets of Lionweld Kennedy parapets.
The Company has two divisions:
- Head office in Birmingham where all products are manufactured
- Sales and contracting arm in Middlesbrough.