W. H. Pool and Sons
of Chipstaple, Taunton, Somerset.
Company formed in 1847 as wheelwrights.
William Pool and Alfred (son) began to build oil engines in the late 1890s and over the next twenty years they installed some 200 in the west country.
1892 Engine production commenced in sizes 1 to 14 hp. Around 200 built.
1925 Engine production ceased
1957 The company ceased trading after the death of Alfred Pool
Sources of Information
- A-Z of British Stationary Engines by Patrick Knight. Published 1996. ISBN 1 873098 37 5