W. Parkinson and Co
of Cottage Lane, City Road, London, EC1. Telephone: Clerkenwell 4270. Telegraphic Address: "Index, Sowest, London", and of Birmingham.
of Bell Barn Road, Birmingham.
1816 Company founded to make the first gas meters at Cottage Lane Works, London.
1900 On 16th November Parkinson and W. and B. Cowan was incorporated as a public company, manufacturers of gas meters and other gas apparatus, being the amalgamation of 2 of the oldest firms in this business: W. and B. Cowan Ltd of London, Manchester, Edinburgh and New South Wales, and W. Parkinson Ltd of London and Birmingham.
The Birmingham premises were used for making gas stoves, under Bernard Robert Parkinson
1918 Exhibitor at the Scientific Products Exhibition
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. All types of Gas Apparatus for Measuring, Recording and Testing Equipment, including consumers' and industrial meters, governors, gauges, etc., and Street Lighting Equipment, Suspension Lamps, Lanterns, Controllers, Reflectors, Floodlighting Equipment. (Stand Nos. Ca.703 and Ca.602)