Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,535 pages of information and 233,960 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1, and 13 and 14 Blomfield Street, London Wall, London EC; works at North Woolwich
1857 W. T. Henley moved his cable-making business to North Woolwich.
Henley's company continued making submarine cables until the turn of the century.
1914 Specialities: insulated wires and cables of every kind for the transmission of electric current for lighting, power etc.; manufacturers of motor tyres, mechanical rubber goods etc. .
1914 The tyre department began producing solid tyres and canvas pneumatic tyres.
1917 Mr Sydney Gedge retired from his position as Chairman of the company as from 1st January 1918. He was a director of the company for 37 years and has been chairman for 30 years. The managing director was George Sutton, and took over Mr Gedge's position as Chairman.
1918 Henleys Tyre and Rubber Co was set up as a subsidiary to take over the tyre department.
c.1931 Maker of Solon electric soldering irons (see advert)
1937 Electric cable manufacturers. 
1937 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Maker of C. M. A. (Cable Makers' Association ) Cables. Manufacturers of Electric Wires and Cables for all purposes. (Electricity: Industrial and Domestic Section - Stand Nos. Cb.501 and Cb.400) 
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
WWII The company manufactured a considerable amount of HAIS pipeline for the Pluto project. Henley's also developed a buoyant cable which was used by Royal Navy minesweepers to combat the threat to shipping from magnetic mines.
1959 Acquired by AEI; the North Woolwich factory was closed.
1967 GEC took over AEI including the cables business; the Henley name was reborn as GEC Henley Limited.
1997 Henley's was acquired by TT Electronics