Waterside Iron Works Co
1870 Advertised for a planer and driller 
1902 Sale Notice: '... WORKS and FOUNDRY called the Waterside Ironworks, and the Mill adjoining thereto called the Alma Mill, situate at Dukinfield, Cheshire, and the land forming site thereof and occupied therewith, together with the steam engines, boilers, mill gearing, steam, gas, and water pipes, machinery, and other fixtures affixed to the land. The property is freehold in fee simple, the superficial area is 5,645 yards or thereabonts, and it is subject to the yearly chief rents £20, £5 17s 9d., and £61s. 6d. The property also comprises a yearly chief rent £8, payable out of the Aqueduct Mill adjoining. Ironworks are in the occupation the Waterside Ironworks Co. The mill, including power, is let yearly rack rents amounting to £259 12s. or thereabouts to Smethurst and Leech Limited and Mr. Wm. Henry Sutcliffe. The property is built on the banks of the River Tame, from which water may taken, and water may also be obtained for the condensing purposes from the canal which adjoins the property, free of charge. The works are situate close to Dukinfield Railway Station. The buildings are brick built, and comprise lofty foundry, 76ft by 73ft., with stove behind and blower-bouse adjoining, main building occupied for turning and fitting, &c, two storey attic and part cellar, 99ft. by 44ft., fitted with cage hoist; two storey building, 75ft. by 16ft. 6in., fanning dressing shop and lodge, with new stores over and fireproof cellar under same and part of foundry, frame, roller, and turning and polishing shops, three storeys 44ft. by 19ft. 3in.; two-storey building, 53ft. by 27ft. and 27ft by 23ft 9in; smith building, two storeys; crank bending shop, beam engine-house, boiler and economiser house, and tall octagon chimney. Alma Mill buildings consist of a Mill, four storeys and part cellar, 81ft. by 56ft and 42ft. 3in. by 35ft. The Plant and Machinery consists, briefly, of two cupolas with stage, metal, hoist, blower, &c, 7-ton power overhead travelling crane by J. Spencer and Co., Hollinwood, new in 1898; 50-cwt hand travelling crane, two moulding machines, smiths hearths, 7- cwt. steam hammer, five-hammer forging machine, crank bending machine, and iron sawing machine. .....'
Sources of Information
- The Ashton Weekly Reporter, and Stalybridge and Dukinfield Chronicle - Saturday 23 July 1870
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Saturday 25 January 1902