Bridge across the River Aire at Leeds, designed by John Rennie
The bridge in fact incorporated two stone bridges, one over the river, and a second smaller structure over the canal. The whole scheme cost £7,000.
1818 Benjamin Gott, having helped raise the funds to build the bridge to connect the business community south of the river with Leeds, laid the foundation stone.
1819 The bridge was completed. Originally it was called the Waterloo Bridge.
1873 The bridge was widened
Late 1970s: widened again; the original structure has been hidden by the later stonework.