West Gloucestershire Power Co
1928 West Gloucestershire Power Company contracted to supply additional power required in Gloucester. This supply was delivered at 33,000 volts and the switch-house and main substation for its control and transformation to 11,000 volts adjoined the generating station (in Gloucester). The step-down substation contained two 3,000 kw. transformers with space for a third and 33,000 volt switch-gear for three transformers.
An 11,000 volt ironclad switchboard controlled and distributed the general supply, in part through a system of high-tension cables to seventeen substations serving an area of about 60 square miles, and in part through motor-generators to the network in the more central portions of the city, supplementing the power produced by the Gloucester Electricity Generating Station. The suburban substations were of three types containing high- and low-tension switch-gear and one or more transformers.
Sources of Information
- The Times, 10 March 1948