West Kent Electric Co
1908 Company incorporated
c.1909 The Kent Electric Power Co transferred its rights and duties to the company in respect of specified areas of West Kent, around Northfleet, Strood, Malling and Sevenoaks.
The company was associated with and under the management of the County of London Electric Supply Co (as was the South East Kent Electric Power Co to which rights and duties were transferred by the Kent Electric Power Co in 1911).
By 1939 the company obtained its supplies from the Barking Power Station of the County of London company and was about to take supplies from the new Littlebrook Power Station of the Kent company at Dartford.
Sources of Information
- The Times Jun 19, 1939
- The Times, 10 March 1948