Weymann Motor Bodies
Weymann Motor Bodies, of Addlestone
1923 Charles Terres Weymann (1889-1976) formed a British subsidiary called Weymann Motor Body Co. with a British firm called Rotax to sell licenses in Great Britain, using the old Cunard Motor and Carriage Co Works in Putney
1925 Public company.
1928 Moved from Putney to Addlestone, taking over a building used by Bleriot, in Station Road
1932 Metropolitan-Cammell-Weymann (MCW) was formed to sell bodies from both Weymann and Metropolitan-Cammell (a Birmingham firm who had been building buses for only 3 years, having built railway rolling stock for over 100 years). Designs and knowledge were also shared with Metropolitan Cammell; this lead to the first metal-framed Weymann bus bodies.
1961 Coach and body builders for public service and goods transport vehicles. 900 employees. 
Sources of Information
- The Times, August 16, 1943
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE