Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,110 pages of information and 233,634 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
William Douglass (c1831- ), civil engineer, specialising in lighthouses
1851 Engineer, lights; lodging in Newcastle upon Tyne
1862 On the promotion of his brother, James Nicholas Douglass, to be Engineer in Chief to Trinity House William became resident engineer of the Wolf Rock Lighthouse, then under construction; he was succeeded by Mr M. Beazeley shortly before completion in 1870.
c.1869 Married Jane (b.1840); they had 6 children
1881 of Mount Usher, Monkstown, County Dublin
1885 Chief Engineer to the Commissioners of Irish Lights, Westmoreland Street, Dublin.
1911 Living in Penzance. Retired engineer to court of Irish Rights