Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,977 pages of information and 230,624 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 154-5 Upper Thames Street, London
William Jones Ltd was founded c.1879. They had premises at several sites along the Thames. William's three sons worked in the business, including Basil Jones, who left in 1931 to develop Sevenoaks Brickworks. 
1927 Suppliers of contractors' plant, including the 'Montania' petrol-engined narrow gauge locomotive, displayed at the Public Works, Roads and Transport Exhibition, and featured in The Engineer in 1927.. See illustration.
1940 Probably the same business as William Jones (of Charlton)
1960s Manufacturing 'Dobbin' barrows.
1963 The business was taken over by A. C. E. Machinery
A hand-operated wharf crane with a William Jones nameplate is preserved in situ at Killaloe on the River Shannon.