William Kenyon and Sons
of Chapel Field Works, Dukinfield.
1866 Company founded.
1907 Private company.
1917 Advert. Rope driving. Boiler covering. 
1927 Advert for ropes and rope-driving. 
1936 Rope driving and insulation for textile mills. 
1940 Advert for pulleys, ropes, slings and insulation. 
1945 Advert for cotton driving ropes. 
1961 Rope manufacturers, power transmission engineers, sheet metal workers and heat insulation engineers. 1,500 employees. 
1971 George Henry Kenyon is Chairman 
Sources of Information
- 1917 Worrall's Yorkshire Textile Directory Advert p188
- Mechanical World Year Book 1927. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p90
- The Times, Monday, Mar 03, 1930
- The Textile Manufacturer Year Book 1936. Published by Emmott and Co. Advert on p58 & p59
- Mechanical World Year Book 1940. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p106-7
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p126-7
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- The Times, Tuesday, Dec 14, 1971