Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,449 pages of information and 233,880 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
William Lea of Birkenhead.
Berry Street, Liverpool.
See William Lea
1901 June. Details of the works and the vehicles produced.
1909 'William Lea Motor Company Limited.— Registered with a capital of £5,000. in £1 shares, to adopt agreements (1) with C. R. Clark and (2) with A. V. Dodds, and to carry on the business of manufacturers and dealers in motor cars, cycles, and vehicles. &c. The subscribers are: F. Hall, Glencairn, Church-road. Huyton, Lancashire, gentleman; C. R. Clark. Clytemnestra Villa, Formby. Lancashire, motor car dealer; J. G. Critchley, Blakeley House, Bromborough. Cheshire, motor engineer; T. C. L. Farrar, 141, Grove-street, Liverpool, motor engineer; H. Lodge, 72. Renshaw-street, Liverpool, electrical engineer. Private company. The number of directors is not to be less than two nor more than five: the first are C. R. Clark and F. Hall. Qualification of ordinary directors £250, of managing directors one share. Remuneration as fixed by the company. Registered office: 16, Berry-street, Liverpool.'