William Tingey and Son
of Rochester, Kent, makers of cement.
Two sources give different accounts of the origin of the cement works at Frindsbury:
William Tingey leased most of the western shore of the River Medway and the inland area from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners and the Rochester Bridge Wardens, though using only a small portion of the land himself. On the rest, he built works and sublet them as going concerns, it being easier to let the works than the empty land. He specified in the leases that the works should only obtain their chalk through him, a clause which caused many years of bitter relationships between all the firms.
1882 Listed as 'Tingey, William, Portland and Roman cement manufacturer' and of 'Frindsbury, Rochester' and of 'Sunny Side, West Hill, Gravesend' 
1883 Company was a small cement manufacturer based at the Frindsbury Cement Works. It was during this year that they registered their first trademark for Portland Cement.
1900 Tingey and 24 other small cement manufacturers merged to form Associated Portland Cement Manufacturers
Sources of Information
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5
-  Wikipedia