William Woods and Son
of Trencherfield Mill, Wigan
Mill started by William Woods (1)
Succeeded by his son Henry and his grandson William (II). Both of these were mayors of Wigan in 1855 and 1890 respectively
1891 Directory (Wigan): Listed as cotton spinner and manufacturers. More details
1906 Incorporated as a limited company.
1913 Company ceased trading.
1920 Trencherfield Mill was taken over by a consortium lead by Alexander Young and W. H. Heywood who traded as Trencherfield Mills Ltd.
1932 Acquired by the Lancashire Cotton Corporation.