William Wyld (c1872-1945)
1945 Obituary 
1946 Obituary 
WILLIAM WYLD, whose death occurred on 18th April 1945 in his seventy-third year, was associated with the electrical side of engineering during most of his career. He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1900, and was transferred to Membership in 1904. He was also a Member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers. After serving his apprenticeship from 1888 to 1892 with Messrs. Lingford Gardiner and Company, Ltd., engineers, Bishop Auckland, he was for a brief period assistant draughtsman to Messrs. Pickering, Ltd., of Stockton on Tees.
He then held short appointments as assistant engineer in the electricity department of Blackpool Corporation, and as chief assistant in that of the Corporation of Salford. For two years he was electrical engineer to the Patent Shaft and Axletree Company, Ltd., Wednesbury. In 1901 he was appointed borough electrical engineer and tramways manager to the Doncaster Corporation, and three years later accepted a similar position in the service of the Corporation of Birkenhead. In 1913 he became chief engineer to the Hampstead Electricity Supply Company, and, after holding this appointment for ten years, joined the Vickers Boiler Company, Ltd., for whom he was engaged as sales representative until 1932.