Woodhead, Angois and Ellis
Woodhead, Angois and Ellis, cycle makers, of Nottingham.
1885 May. Advertisement: 'Bicycle, Tricycles or Safeties promptly repaired at moderate charges. Woodhead and Angois, Raleigh Street' 
1886 August. Advertisement: 'Tandems, Safeties, Tricycle, Beeston Humbers, nearly new, cheap, Automatic Cripper, Bicycles from £2. Woodhead and Angois, Raleigh Street.' 
1887 April. Advertisement: 'Beeston Humber Tandem. several bicycle, tricycle bargains. Woodhead and Angois, Russell Street, late Raleigh Street.'  Note: Presumably the mill at 43 Russell Street
1887 Joined by William Ellis, financier,
1887 The Raleigh Cycle Co was established on Russell Street, Nottingham.
1888 Ellis leaves the partnership. '...the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us the undersigned, Richard Morriss Woodhead, Paul Angois, and William Ellis, at Russell-street, Nottingham, in the business of Bicycle and Tricycle Makers and General Machinists, under the style of Woodhead, Angois, and Ellis, has this day been dissolved, by mutual consent, so far as regards the said William Ellis, who retires...'
See Raleigh Cycle Co
Sources of Information
- 1885 History, Gazetteer & Directory of Nottinghamshire
- Nottinghamshire Guardian, Friday, May 15, 1885
- Nottinghamshire Guardian, Friday, August 20, 1886
- Nottinghamshire Guardian, Friday, April 01, 1887
- The Engineer 1888/02/10 p118
-  Gazette Issue 25884 published on the 18 December 1888. Page 19 of 60