Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,399 pages of information and 233,863 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Woodhouse and Rawson Ltd, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London.
Woodhouse and Rawson United Ltd, 88 Queen Victoria Street, London.
Showrooms: 34 Cannon St, London and 41 Piccadilly, Bradford.
West End office: Great George Street, London.
Works: Cornbrook Telephone Works, Manchester; West Kensington Hall, Hammersmith; Union Foundry, Kidsgrove; Strand Works, Chiswick, London.
1885 Woodhouse and Rawson Ltd were electrical contractors for the Stock Exchange (London) electrification; Woodhouse and Rawson had also made the lamps
1885 Woodhouse retired from business because of ill health
1887 Public company incorporated. The company had done all of the overhead installation work for Sir Coutts Lindsay and Co at the Grosvenor Gallery. Had also done work for other private electricity companies such as Eastbourne, Brighton, Kensington Court, Pilsen (in Holborn), St Austell and others.
1889 Incorporation of Woodhouse and Rawson United Ltd in order to acquire:
as well as its subsidiary companies:
and also that of
1889 Woodhouse and Rawson Ltd was put into voluntary liquidation
c.1890 supplied 'Kingdon' induction dynamo(s) to Woking Central Power Station
1892 Electric lighting in all its branches, Electric motive power for collieries and mines. Appointed Jno Stevenson and Cowper, Middlesborough, as agents.
1892 Crystal Palace Electrical Exhibition. 'Kingdon' inductor dynamo and 'Cornbrook' motor. 
1893 In liquidation.
The Pilsen lamp was developed by two Austrian engineers, Ludwig Piette and Franz Krizik, and was marketed in Britain by Henry F. Joel. It had a complex regulating mechanism which used an iron core between two solenoids. The lamp was quite extensively used, and won a Gold Medal at the Paris Electrical Exhibition of 1881.