Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Alexandra Docks"

From Graces Guide
 
Line 10: Line 10:


1875 Advert: These docks were opened; owned by the [[Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Docks and Railway|Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Docks and Railway Co]]
1875 Advert: These docks were opened; owned by the [[Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Docks and Railway|Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Docks and Railway Co]]
1892 The Alexandra Dock was extended with the addition of the South Dock with the original Alexandra Dock becoming known as the North Dock.
1907 An extension to the Alexandra South Dock was opened.
1914 The Alexandra Dock was further expanded and a new South Lock (the Great Sea Lock) opened with direct access to the Severn Estuary.





Latest revision as of 12:51, 19 December 2017

1891.
1914. Pump and power house.
1914.

Newport, Monmouthshire

See Newport Docks

1868 Work started on building the docks

1875 Advert: These docks were opened; owned by the Alexandra (Newport and South Wales) Docks and Railway Co

1892 The Alexandra Dock was extended with the addition of the South Dock with the original Alexandra Dock becoming known as the North Dock.

1907 An extension to the Alexandra South Dock was opened.

1914 The Alexandra Dock was further expanded and a new South Lock (the Great Sea Lock) opened with direct access to the Severn Estuary.


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information