Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,910 pages of information and 232,835 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Anglo-Celtic Watch Co. Ltd, of Gurnos Works, Ystradgynlais near Swansea,
1946 Work in the factory started in August 1946 and it was opened on March 15th 1947. It was located on the old Ynyscedwyn estate on the outskirts of the village of Ystradgynlais, in the old county of Breconshire. It was on the main Swansea to Brecon Road, 14 miles from Swansea. It was the largest watch manufacturing factory in Britain and one of the largest in Europe.
1948 Vickers-Armstrongs sold their shares to the other two companies.
1951 Part of S. Smith and Son