Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Charles Jones (1830-1913)"

From Graces Guide
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Charles Jones (1830-1913), architect at Ealing
Charles Jones (1830-1913), architect at Ealing


Charles Jones, M. Inst. C. E., borough engineer of Ealing
Charles Jones, M.Inst.C.E., borough engineer of Ealing


Born at Eccles
Born at Eccles


----
----
'''1914 Obituary <ref>[[1914 Institution of Civil Engineers: Obituaries]]</ref>
'''1914 Obituary <ref>[[1914 Institution of Civil Engineers: Obituaries]]</ref>


CHARLES JONES, born at Beccles, Suffolk, on the 13th March, 1830, died at Ealing on the 24th August, 1913.


After receiving a municipal training, and practising for a time as an architect, he was appointed Engineer and Surveyor to Ealing Local Board in 1863, retaining this office under the Borough Council until his death. The urban development of the district necessitated many engineering works, which Mr. Jones carried out in addition to acting as Consulting Engineer to many other local authorities.


Mr. Jones was elected an Associate of The Institution on the 2nd February, 1875, was subsequently placed among the Associate Members, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 3rd November, 1891.
----
----



Latest revision as of 13:20, 28 August 2017

Charles Jones (1830-1913), architect at Ealing

Charles Jones, M.Inst.C.E., borough engineer of Ealing

Born at Eccles


1914 Obituary [1]

CHARLES JONES, born at Beccles, Suffolk, on the 13th March, 1830, died at Ealing on the 24th August, 1913.

After receiving a municipal training, and practising for a time as an architect, he was appointed Engineer and Surveyor to Ealing Local Board in 1863, retaining this office under the Borough Council until his death. The urban development of the district necessitated many engineering works, which Mr. Jones carried out in addition to acting as Consulting Engineer to many other local authorities.

Mr. Jones was elected an Associate of The Institution on the 2nd February, 1875, was subsequently placed among the Associate Members, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 3rd November, 1891.


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information