Deptford East (High Pressure) Power Station
British Electricity Authority built Deptford East HP station which opened in 1953
It had three 52.5 MW turbine-generators, a range of coal-fired boilers and a single chimney.
The original plan had been to demolish the Low Pressure station to make way for an extension of the HP station but this was never implemented because the rapid increase in demand for electricity meant that much larger power plants were needed.
1983 The HP station closed.
Sources of Information
-  Deptford Power Stations