Emco Wheaton (UK)
1949 Emco Brass (UK) Limited was founded in Croydon. The first subsidiary of Emco Wheaton outside the USA
This plant manufactured Wheaton petroleum valves under license.
1952 The company relocated to the current site in Margate.
1995 The Emco Wheaton Distribution, Transportation and Marine business was sold to Syltone. As a result production of loading arms ceased at Margate. Emco Wheaton UK became the hub company for Tank Truck Equipment, whilst Emco Wheaton GmbH, in Kirchhain, Germany became the hub company For Marine Loading Arms.
2004 Gardner Denver Inc acquired Syltone plc and the Emco Wheaton businesses were consolidated into the Emco Wheaton Division, operating within Gardner Denver's Energy and Infrastructure Group.
Sources of Information
-  Gardner Denver website