Ernest Scott and Mountain
Ernest Scott & Mountain of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
of Gateshead (1905)
Electrical and general engineers.
1890 Article and illustration of a combined engine and dynamo (Ernest Scott and Co).  The company was registered on 15 November, to take over the electrical and engineering business of Ernest Scott and Co in conjunction with William Charles Mountain
1891 Manufacturers of Electric Lighting and Triple Expansion Inverted Cylinder Mill Engines in 1891. 
1894 Catalogue of Electrical Plant and accessories. 
1900 Electric hauling gear for mines and cranes and combined engines and dynamos (late Ernest Scott and Co). 
1900 Published a book "Electricity in Country Houses" for prospective customers
1903 Supplied their first electrically-operated coal cutting machine to G. A. Mitchell of Glasgow.
1905 Needing more space, acquired the works of Black, Hawthorn and Co at Gateshead and new works constructed; the name "The New Close Works" was adopted for the new works.
1913 Acquired by C. A. Parsons and Co. William Mountain set up his own firm.