Foster and Seddon
1919 Establishment of Foster and Seddon Ltd - coach proprietors, road transport operators, servicing and distribution of cars and commercial road vehicles
1944 Advert for diesel lorry. (Foster and Seddon)
1946 Took lease on Woodstock Factory at Oldham, a former shadow factory, where they were able to expand production from one or two buses a week to more than ten; they introduced their first passenger chassis the Mark IV.
1948 Moved from Salford to the Woodstock factory, Higginshaw, Oldham.
Became Fosdon Ltd
1948 became Seddon Motors Ltd except for a small department engaged in sale and repair of motor cars.
1950 Produced and launched a 3-ton with a Perkins engine which remained in production until 1963.
1951 Became a public company, Seddon Diesel Vehicles.