Garnish and Lemon
of Pilton, Barnstaple
1889 Listed as 'Garnish and Lemon, millwrights and machine makers, Pilton works'.
1888 Supplied machinery, including an 18 ft waterwheel, to Lord Clinton's Victoria Saw Mill at Merton, North Devon
1900 Supplied a 12 (inch?) 'Victor' turbine and gears, shafting etc., to Cardwell Quinn's Barnstaple Steam Laundry at Raleigh 
1930 'EMPLOYEE FOR 35 YEARS.—Mr. W. H. Lock, millwright and engineer, whose death has occurred, was an employee for 35 years of the firm of Messrs. Garnish and Lemon, whilst latterly he had worked as engineer for the Victoria Flour Mills, Rolle Quay.....'
1930 The business of Garnish and Lemon was bought by Percy Brailey and traded as Brailey Engineers.
1962 The business was taken over by North Devon Farmers.
Sources of Information
- Pilton - Its Past and Its People by Margaret A. Reed. 1977.
- 1889 Kelly's Directory of Devon
- North Devon Journal, 20 September 1888
- North Devon Journal, 20 December 1900
- North Devon Journal, 18 September 1930