Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,354 pages of information and 233,518 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Loughborough, Leics. Telephone: Loughborough 2292. Cables: "Genatosan, Loughborough"
1906 Company established in Chenis Street, London as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Sanatogen nerve tonic manufacturers, Wulfing AG, of Germany.
1919 The firm was incorporated as a limited company, and registered as 'Genatosan, an anagram of Sanatogen. This was because of the post-WWI unpopularity of all things German. The company manufactured fine chemicals and proprietary medicines in Loughborough.
1937 Fisons bought a part share in the company.
1946 Genatosan was acquired as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fisons.
1947 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers of Medicinal Products, Pharmaceutical Preparations, Tablets and Fine Chemicals: Ampoules, Casein Hydrolysate (Oral and Intravenous), Dermatological Creams, Ointments and Powders. Proprietaries: "Sanatogen", "Calogen", "Cogene", "Cystopurin", "Fissan", Products, "Genasprin", "Genosal", "Genozo", "Germosan", "Syte". (Chemists' Supplies Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1275) 
1947 Genatosan Trust Ltd was incorporated as a limited liability company, by Fisons, to acquire the business of Whiffen and Sons, the London-based fine chemical manufacturer. Fisons also acquired Bengers Food of Cheshire. Following this, The Genatosan Trust Ltd became British Chemicals and Biologicals (BC).
1951 BCB was made dormant and each of the three regained control of their respective companies.
1955 Advert on this page for Sanatogen Tonic Wine. 
1964 Genatosan and Bengers were merged as a subsidiary of Fisons, to form one operating company.