Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,473 pages of information and 233,895 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

George Cecil Kenyon

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 12:30, 17 June 2015 by Ait (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

George Cecil Kenyon (1875-1907)

1907 Obituary [1]

GEORGE CECIL KENYON was born in Liverpool on 3rd January 1875.

He received his scholastic education at the Liverpool Institute High School, and was a student at the Walker Engineering College, Liverpool, from 1890 to 1892. In the latter year he was apprenticed to Messrs. Pickering Brothers, engineers and boilermakers, of Liverpool, and in 1893 became a pupil to Mr. A. G. Lyster, Engineer-in-chief of the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board, remaining in this capacity until 1896, when he was placed on the temporary staff, subsequently being transferred to the Board's permanent staff in 1904, with the position of Superintendent in charge of New Works.

In 1905 he was promoted to be an Assistant to the Engineer. Whilst on the staff he acted as resident engineer on the following works, which have been carried out by the Board's own workmen: Wallasey Embankment extensions, deepening Langton River entrances, widening and deepening Langton and Alexandra extension passage, deepening Brunswick Dock, &c.

His death took place from blood-poisoning at Aughton, near Liverpool, on 30th October 1906, in his thirty-second year.

He became an Associate Member of this Institution in 1904; he was also a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, and of the American Society of Civil Engineers.

See Also


Sources of Information