H. J. H. King and Co
H. J. H. King and Co; engineers of Glasgow, and subsequently Nailsworth, nr Stroud.
By 1869 Company formed in Glasgow by Henry James Hogg King, initially making valves and gauges
c1875 The Business was moved to King’s home ground in Nailsworth
1876 Exhibitor at the Royal Agricultural Show at Birmingham 
1890s Makers of stationary steam engines, including non-dead-centre engines. These included a horizontal engine for the Carr Tannery, Woodchester, Glos (1890s), which was originally at the pin works of Perkins and Marment, and a vertical engine at the works of Matthew Grist and Co, Woodchester, made c.1896. 
1917 Advert for clutches
1919 Advert for clutches
1927 Advert for clutches
Also made pneumatic conveyers
- A history of the company and its innovative products is available on-line .
Sources of Information
- Mechanical World Year Book 1917. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p142
- Mechanical World Year Book 1919. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p143
- Mechanical World Year Book 1927. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p103