James Bertram and Son
of Leith Walk, (Sciennes), Edinburgh, Engineers
1891 James Bertram and Son, Leith-walk Foundry, Edinburgh, was to be converted into a Limited Liability Company; in order to prevent any misunderstanding the Individual Partners of James Bertram and Son posted a notice that they were William Bertram, James Robert Bertram, and John White, and that the Individual Partners of Masson, Scott, and Bertram, Battersea, London, were Andrew Masson and Robert Scott. It was also stated that no Partnership existed between the two firms.
1914 The works comprised machine shops, erecting shops, pattern shop, smithy and brass foundry.
Early 1930s the 2 firms - W & G Bertram and James Bertram & Son - came to a joint working arrangement.
The firm was an Associate of Bertrams Ltd
1974 James Bertram & Son of Leith closed
Sources of Information
- Edinburgh Gazette 17 Nov 1891
- The Engineer 1915/11/12