Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,478 pages of information and 233,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Colonel James Fraser Lister (1875-1944)
1891 Articled to the Bath Electric Light and Engineering Co
1901 Living at Rivers Lodge, Dursley: William J. Lister (age 58 born Dursley), Mechanical Engineer and Employer. With his wife Catherine Lister (age 57 born Nova Scotia) and their children Catherine Lister (age 30 born New Zealand) and James Fraser Lister (age 25 born Dursley), Electrical Engineer and Employer. One servant.
c1910 Commenced working for Veritys
1911 Boarding at 59 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston: James Fraser Lister (age 36 born Dursley), Electrical Engineer and Single.
1924 Mentioned as Colonel James Fraser Lister C.M.G. in connection with share reorganisation at Veritys
1944 Obituary 
COLONEL JAMES FRASER LISTER, C.M.G., T.D., died on the 30th March, 1944, at the age of 69. He was educated at Dean Close School, Cheltenham, and was an articled pupil at Bath Corporation Electric Light Works, under Mr. G. F. Metzger. He subsequently joined Veritys Ltd. at Birmingham, and was for many years a director of that company and also of Spencer (Melksham) Ltd., of the South Wales Gas Corporation, of Aerialite Ltd. and of Thermega Ltd. On the formation of the Territorial Force in 1908, he raised and commanded the Southern Telegraph Company, R.E. He served in the War of 1914-18 with the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel, and in 1918 he was promoted Colonel and made a C.M.G.
He was always keenly interested in the welfare of soldiers disabled in the last war, especially in connection with the Ex-Services Welfare Society at Leatherhead. He was a prominent member of the Prince of Wales Lodge of Freemasons. His fine presence and character will long be remembered by his many friends and business associates.
He joined The Institution as an Associate in 1897 and was elected an Associate Member in 1899 and a Member in 1912. He was elected Chairman of the South Midland Centre in 1915, 1916 and 1926.