Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,699 pages of information and 232,163 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
King, Taudevin and Gregson of Sheffield.
1918 February 14th. Taudevin & Gregson Ltd was incorporated , but John King started later owing to a contract with Richmond Gas Stove Co and was appointed a director on 12th July 1918.
1918 November 12th. King, Taudevin and Gregson Ltd. (00149620) was formed (KTG) on 12th November 1918. Share capital was £10,000.
The original factory was Melbourne Chambers, Cambridge Street, Sheffield.
1923 January 31st. Proflex trade mark (no 433799) was registered by KTG and transferred to John King and Son (Enamellers) Ltd.
1925 July 22nd. KTG paid deposit on a building to be known as Pyro Works, Whittington Moor, Chesterfield.
By 1960 KTG had moved to Grindlegate Works, Scotland Street, Sheffield, 3.
1984 Received Queens Award for Export Achievements.
1991 Opened new £3.2m headquarters, Greenfield House on Scotland Street.
1993 August 26th. Last ditch bid to save 70 jobs as receivers work to find a buyer as a combination of failed investments and recession have led to debts of £5m.
1993 September 10th. KTG went into voluntary liquidation.
1993 October 6th. Two new firms have risen from the ashes KTG Engineering and Chapman Brack Contractors setting up in the old KTG factory on Solley Street.