Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,386 pages of information and 233,857 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Landore Copper Works

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 11:47, 5 September 2020 by PaulF (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

1716 Dr John Lane moved his operations from Neath Abbey to Landore where he founded the first Swansea Copper Works.

1726 Lane became bankrupt; Robert Morris took over the works as receiver until he eventually secured sufficient capital to buy the works in 1727.

1728 Morris became a partner, as Lockwood, Morris and Co

There is some evidence that this works was still working in 1741[1].

1748 The works at Llangyfelach ceased to operate and were moved further up the valley to Fforest.

From 1821 to 1834 Henry Bath and Co conducted the Landore Copper Works, which subsequently became vested in Williams, Foster and Co.

1875 Was part of Williams, Foster and Co

See Also


Sources of Information

  1. Copper in the Neath Valley [1]