Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,124 pages of information and 233,665 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1924 Formed as a private company by William Morris after he took over the plant and premises of E. G. Wrigley and Co including 200 machines designed for the manufacture of motor-car components, and c.350 employees.
Production at Soho was progressively increased
1927 Morris purchased the Wolseley works at Adderley Park and Ward End where commercial vehicle manufacture was extended to cover public-service and heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
1930 Moved to the old Wolseley Works at Adderley Park, Birmngham
1956 the Morris-Commercial name was discontinued