Power and Transport Finance Co
1922 - A large and important combination of engineering firms was registered under the title of the Power and Transport Finance Company.
The object of the company was to undertake, and if necessary finance large engineering contracts for railways, rolling stock, power stations, docks and harbours and in general all other aspects of power production and transport work.
Headquarters were in Kingsway, London.
The firms represented in the combine were:
- Cammell, Laird and Co.
- William Arrol and Co.
- English Electric Co.
- North British Locomotive Co.
- John Brown and Co.
- Prudential Assurance Co.
The Board of Directors were:
- William Lionel Hichens. (Cammell's).
- Sir John Hunter. (Arrol's).
- Lord Meston. (English Electric).
- P. J. Pybus. (English Electric).
- Sir Hugh Reid (North British Locomotive).
- John Sampson (John Brown).
- Sir George May (Prudential).