Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,501 pages of information and 233,941 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Priestman Collieries

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 08:58, 2 August 2021 by Ait (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Priestman Collieries Ltd, of Newcastle upon Tyne

1903 Registered. Priestman Collieries, Ltd., has just been registered with a capital of £300,000 in shares (150,000 5% cum. pref.) to adopt an agreement with F. Priestman, L. Priestman, Lucy Priestman, H. Peile, Elizabeth P. Peile, Helen Peile, Frances Pumphrey, and Katherine Stewart, carrying on business in co-partnership as coal masters and coal and coke merchants under the style of "The Owners of the Priestman Collieries," and having their chief in connection therewith at Newcastle....The subscribers are: F. Priestman, 2, Princes Buildings, Newcastle, colliery owner; Henry Peile, 2, Princes Buildings, Newcastle, colliery owner; Miss L. Priestman, Derwent Lodge, Shotley Bridge; Lewis Priestman, Shotley Bridge, colliery owner; Mrs. E. F. Peile, Greenwood, Shotley Bridge; Miss H. Peile, Greenwood, Shotley Bridge; Mrs. F. Pumphrey, Minster Acres, Riding Mill. The number of directors is not be less than three nor more than seven; the first are F. Priestman. Lewis Priestman, and Henry Peile;.[1]


1908 An early example of electricity used for winding gear was installed at the company's Axwell Park Colliery[2]. Presumably from Priestman Power Co.


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Morpeth Herald - Saturday 26 December 1903
  2. The Times, Jan 22, 1908