Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,179 pages of information and 233,417 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Feltham (1903)
1894 Pritchetts and Gold installed electrical system at James Blyth's dairy at Stansted to power the cream separator and various butter-making machines as well as providing electric light from accumulators.
1897 Supplied accumulators for an industrial installation in Shoreditch.
1898 Supplied accumulators to supply the daytime load in a network to be installed in Eccles.
1901 Company incorporated. Manufactured traction batteries and also a few electric cars.
1903 Exhibited a 2-person electric car, and a 4-cylinder 12 h.p. Petrol Car, with tonneau body, to seat four persons.
1915 Amalgamated with the Electrical Power Storage Co Ltd.
1917 Chloride tried to buy the 95% of the shares of Tudor Accumulator Co which were vested in the Public Trustee but did not succeed; Hart Accumulator Co, D. P. Battery Co and Pritchetts and Gold bought the shares jointly between themselves
1918 Acquired the Peto and Radford accumulator business.
1920 The successor company Pritchett and Gold and E. P. S. Co Ltd was incorporated.
1922 Pritchetts and Gold considered buying an alkaline battery business and, having tested the various products, decided that the Jungner battery was superior to others.
1922 Pritchetts and Gold acquired some shares in Worsnop and Co and Alklum Electrics and considered buying their alkaline battery business but decided that the Jungner (of Sweden) battery was superior.
1923 Pritchetts and Gold made an agreement with Jungner under which it acquired one-third of the capital of Batteries Ltd and agreed to have no other alkaline battery interests. Pritchetts and Gold's interests in Worsnop and Co and Alklum Electrics were sold to Batteries Ltd.
1960s Pritchett and Gold and E. P. S. Co Ltd was still operating