Riva Monneret and Co
Ing. A. Riva, Monneret & C., Milan
Previously known as A. Riva & C., founded in 1872 by Alberto Riva. In 1887 Ugo Monneret joined as Technical Director, and in 1894 the company's name changed to Riva, Monneret & C. In 1889 they had embarked on the production of water turbines, which became a very successful business. In 1923, the Calzoni family established an agreement with the Riva Company which led to the formation of 'S.A. Costruzioni Meccaniche Riva Ditte reunite A. Riva–A. Calzoni'.
Milan Museum of Science and Technology have on display a 1912 305 HP Francis turbine which formerly drove rolling mill machinery at the Falck Plant on the Chiese River at Vobarno. See photos. It bears the name A. Riva, but not Monneret.
Sources of Information
- 'Peculiarities of Evolution of Machine Technology and its Industrialization in Italy during 19th Century' by Yibing Fang and Marco Ceccarelli, Advances in Historical Studies, 2015, 4, 338-355 Published Online September 2015 in SciRes