Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 145,318 pages of information and 230,731 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Royal Albert Dock

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 14:54, 1 February 2017 by PaulF (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
1921. Extension.
1955. The Gallions Entrance Lock.

1874 the London and St. Katharine Docks Company decided to construct the Royal Albert Dock as an extension of the Victoria Dock (which then acquired the prefix "Royal").

1880 Dock opened.

1894 The Royal Albert Dock covered 432 acres, accomodated massive steamers; 33 vessels could be moored alongside.

Part of the Port of London.

1921 Read about its extension in The Engineer 1921/07/08.

See Also


Sources of Information