Singer Manufacturing Co
of 42-5 St. Pauls Churchyard, London (1908)
of Kilbowie Road, Clydebank (1961)
1856 Singer Manufacturing Co of New Jersey opened a branch office in Scotland.
1867 Singer's first factory outside the U.S.A. was opened in Glasgow, Scotland. Singer decided that the demand for their sewing machines in the UK was sufficiently high to open a local factory in John Street. Glasgow was selected for its iron making industries, cheap labour and possibly because at the time the General Manager of the Singer Manufacturing Co of New Jersey was George McKenzie, who was of Scottish descent.
1870 Sales and Distribution centers were opened in England. The Singer Red "S" girl trademark was introduced and becomes a well known trademark throughout the world.
1871 The Bridgton factory becomes the largest in Britain.
1875 Isaac Merritt Singer died in Torquay, England at the age of 63.
1883 The largest sewing machine factory in the world was opened at Kilbowie in Scotland. At one point, this factory employed over 12,000 workers.
1891 First use of an electric motor to power a commercial sewing machine.
1904 Singer Sewing Machine Co became the sales and distribution division of Singer Manufacturing Company.
1904 Singer Manufacturing Co held the Royal Warrant
1905 Singer Manufacturing Co was formed as a private company in Britain. The company was registered on 29 April, to acquire business as regards the United Kingdom of sewing machine manufacturers from the Singer Manufacturing Co of New Jersey. 
1917 Company made public.
1961 Manufacturers of sewing machines, cabinets and motors. 15,101 employees.