Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,518 pages of information and 233,949 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Pelham Street, Wolverhampton
of Retreat St, Wolverhampton
Presumably successor to J. Stevens and Son
1906 The Stevens Screw Company Limited was formed; it was run by Joseph Stevens, father of the five Stevens brothers, together with his daughters Lily and Daisy. The premises in Pelham Street were across the road from his sons' factory, Stevens Motor Manufacturing Co
1908 Moved to Retreat Street
1917 The Stevens brothers left Retreat Street which allowed the Stevens Screw Company to use their building for additional workshop space.
1932 the Stevens brothers set up a new business in the Retreat Street premises - see Stevens Brothers (Wolverhampton).
1956 The Stevens-family connection with the business came to an end.
Two other businesses were run from the Retreat Street premises. The first, Jones and Goodare was owned by the Stevens Screw Company; the second, Lombard Products (Midlands) Limited was owned by Leo Davenport.
1992 The factory was closed. The buildings were acquired by Engines Limited.